WST Now Hiring: Senior Operations Analyst
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm with offices in multiple cities. We are dedicated to providing our clients world-class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of more than 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Operations Analyst. The role of this position is to provide analyst support and reporting functions to the Executive Management teams within our firm. The successful candidate will be a team player willing to take the lead on projects and be resourceful. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
- Work closely with the COO and CFO to collect and analyze data across all areas of the firm. Prepare custom reports as necessary and respond to ad-hoc requests from CEO, Principals, and Shareholders.
- Serve as a senior member of the Operations Team and lead projects involving our Portfolio Management Systems to ensure data integrity
- Evaluate existing business processes and determine ways to improve efficiencies among teams
- Closely monitor the opening of new financial accounts to confirm documents, fees, and other key settings
- Daily communication and collaboration with Client Services Team
- Effective communication with IT Network Engineer and Software Development Team to make recommendations for changes to business processes and account management applications
- Serve as project manager for audits and due diligence inquiries in order to provide accurate reporting to third-parties
- Assist senior management team with acquisitions, including onboarding of financial accounts, data conversion to portfolio management software, and confirmation of documents for each financial account
- Provide extensive training for all new hires joining the Client Services Team. Prepare and maintain training manuals to document standard business processes and provide ongoing training to existing Client Service individuals as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree or continued education is preferred
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills; Advanced MS Excel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; friendly and professional attitude with colleagues
This position requires a basic understanding of securities (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) so candidates with experience in the financial and investment industry are preferred. Other requirements include strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with the following applications would allow a candidate to stand out: Orion Advisor Tech, Salesforce Financial Services Cloud CRM, Conga Orchestrate, Advent Portfolio Exchange APX, Addepar, Black Diamond Platform, Envestnet Platform. We will require candidates to complete an online Excel test with scores above 90%. We will also ask candidates to complete a cognitive ability test as part of the initial assessment and screening process.
If you are interested in applying for the Operations Analyst position, please submit your resume in PDF format to Human Resources Manager, Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Email: email@example.com No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.