WST Now Hiring: Research Associate
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm with offices in multiple cities. We are dedicated to providing our clients world class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of more than 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Research Associate which is a full-time permanent position working in our Norfolk, Virginia office. The role of this position is to provide support to the Portfolio Managers in our firm, as well as the Trading Department. This is a support position and the successful candidate will be a team player willing to take direction and be resourceful. We will consider entry-level candidates who are driven and anxious to learn. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
The Associate will be responsible for a variety of research, trading, portfolio management and client facing marketing activities. He/she will need to be a high-energy, self-motivated professional with the ability to perform under pressure. He/she will be part of a small team with a high level of responsibility in contributing to the future growth of the firm.
- Support the firm’s Director of Research across various initiatives as directed
- Conduct investment and research analysis across asset classes for portfolio managers and the firm’s Investment Committee
- Support equity and fixed income trading efforts
- Prepare marketing and reporting materials for prospective and existing clients
- Regularly review client accounts to ensure alignment with client objectives and goals
Experience / Qualifications:
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in finance or consulting
- Passionate about investment management and a desire to make a career in the industry
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team and on a self-directed basis
- General level of financial knowledge (financial modeling, macroeconomics, accounting, global capital markets, etc.) probably acquired through an undergraduate major in business, finance, economics or accounting.
- CFA candidates preferred
- Track record with a fast-paced start-up company preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication, presentation, and sales skills
- Strong work ethic, teamwork skills, and ethical standards
If you are interested in applying for the Research Associate position please submit your resume in PDF format to Human Resources Manager, Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Email: [email protected]. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.