WST Now Hiring: Research Analyst/ Portfolio Manager
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm with offices in multiple cities. We are dedicated to providing our clients with world-class investment strategies and services. Our team currently consists of more than 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication, and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
Wilbanks Smith & Thomas has an opening for a Research Analyst / Portfolio Manager to join a team managing relationships and portfolios for high-net-worth individuals and families, institutions, and retirement plans.
The role requires skills in four areas:
- Investment strategy and process
- Portfolio construction and execution
- Performance measurement and risk management
- Client service
Specific duties include:
- Developing customized investment strategies and constructing portfolios to meet client objectives
- Monitoring investment models and client portfolios daily. Implementing changes as needed and rebalancing portfolios periodically or as opportunities arise.
- Implementing tactical portfolio changes by working closely with the Trading department.
- Conducting due diligence on existing and potential strategies using analytical tools including FactSet, Bloomberg, and Morningstar.
- As a member of the Firm’s Investment Committee, participating in weekly meetings to discuss markets and investment ideas.
- Meeting in person and/or virtually with clients to report on portfolio results and strategies.
- Creating and updating customized quarterly reports tailored to clients’ needs using Orion, FactSet, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analyzing large data sets in Excel to spot trends or outliers in portfolio allocations and performance.
- Developing a holistic understanding of financial planning to create financial projections and Monte Carlo simulations in Excel and/or Money Guide Pro
- Interacting with financial professionals outside the firm to coordinate tax and estate planning strategies for high-net worth clients.
CFA Charterholder or candidate preferred
Apply by contacting:
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.