WST Now Hiring: Portfolio Analyst
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm located in downtown Norfolk. We are dedicated to providing our clients world class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of 42 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return and we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Portfolio Analyst. The role of this position is to provide analyst support and reporting functions to the Portfolio Management teams within our firm. The successful candidate will be a team player willing to take the lead on projects and be resourceful. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
Data/Reporting analyst responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operations team to prepare, quality control, and deliver data for any routine or ad-hoc requests
- Responsible for data entry into various databases in support of distribution channel
- Maintenance of rep account information in FactSet in support of distribution relationships
- Coordinate with Marketing as needed for updates or creation of new or custom content
- Primary responsibility for ongoing operational & investment approach DDQs supporting distribution
- Support custom institutional reviews
Proposal preparation and related analysis in support of advisory and sub-advisory accounts
- Collaborate with Senior Analysts to deliver custom proposals in distribution channel
- Support Portfolio Managers in development of custom proposals
- Data-driven technology implementations
- Implementation of proposal tool
- Support of 401k reporting tools
- Help onboarding new advisor firms, implementing client marketing materials
- Support data collection & research for alternative investment opportunities
- Help coordinate client communications and develop alternatives platform reviews & materials
- Help develop deliverables for distribution, including markets content & factsheets
- Develop new model dashboards & commentaries
- Create model communications
This position requires a basic understanding of securities (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) so candidates with experience in the financial and investment industry are preferred. Other requirements include strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and excellent organizational skills. We will require candidates to complete an online Excel test with scores above 90% on the Intermediate Level test and above 75% on the Advanced Level test. We will also ask candidates to submit a writing sample from previous college coursework or employment experience. In addition, we may ask candidates to complete a project that will allow us to assess candidate’s reading comprehension, writing style, and analytical skills. Knowledge of FactSet, Morningstar, Salesforce and Orion Software will be very helpful in this position. Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years work experience is required. Master’s degree or continued education is preferred.
If you are interested in applying for the Portfolio Analyst position please submit your resume in PDF format to Human Resources Manager, Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Learn more about WST at https://www.wstam.com/
Job Title: Portfolio Analyst
Focus Area: Wealth/Asset Management/HNW
Supervisor: Elizabeth Marchetti, Investment Director
Serve on the Investment Committee and attend weekly analyst meetings
Strong Excel, math, data analytics skills
Bachelor's degree required with 3-5 years work experience
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.