WST Now Hiring: Operations Associate
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm located in downtown Norfolk. We are dedicated to providing our clients world class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of 40 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return and we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Operations Associate. The role of this position is to provide administrative support to the Director of Performance Services on her daily, weekly, and monthly tasks, focusing primarily on our firm’s GIPS® (Global Investment Performance Standards) compliance program. This is a support position and the successful candidate will be a team player willing to take direction and be resourceful. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor. This position offers the opportunity for increased responsibilities and growth potential.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Director of Performance Services in managing composites of investment portfolios
- Daily review of account documents to include agreements, fee schedules, client investment goals & objectives, restrictions, etc.
- Generation and review of investment portfolio reports from accounting software
- Work with Analysts and Portfolio Managers to gather additional documentation pertaining to client investment goals and objectives
- Serving as a key member of the Operations Team, and working closely with the Compliance and Marketing Teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 Years relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel
- Knowledge of FactSet, Advent Software, Orion Software, and/or Salesforce
- Work experience and/or degree in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of securities (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) with experience in the financial and investment industry
If you are interested in applying for the Operations Associate position please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com.
No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.