WST Now Hiring | Investment Operations Associate
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm located in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. We are dedicated to providing our clients with world class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Investment Operations Associate. The role of this position is to review investment activity in clients’ investment accounts and perform reconciliation tasks for those financial accounts. Candidates for this position usually have a background in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, Statistics, and/or Data Analysis. This is a support position and the successful candidate will be a team player willing to take direction and be resourceful. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Reconciliation of daily transactions in Financial Accounts using WST’s portfolio accounting
- software system
- Download electronic statements from custodian’s online portal
- Receive paper statements from custodian; scan and save paper statements in network database
- Perform daily operational tasks related to data reconciliation of Financial Accounts
- Daily review of data in the investment portfolio accounting software
- Collaboration and daily interaction with other Operations Associates at WST
- Other duties may include generating clients reports, proxy review, incoming check log, and assistance with periodic regulatory audits
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 Years relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Broadridge Proxy Voting, Advent Software, Orion Software, and/or Salesforce Work experience and/or degree in Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of securities (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) with experience in the financial and
- investment industry
If you are interested in applying for the Investment Operations Associate position, please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com. Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.