WST Now Hiring: Financial Controller – Norfolk, VA
Location: Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm with offices in multiple cities. We are dedicated to providing our clients world class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of more than 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Controller which is a full-time permanent position working in our Norfolk, Virginia office. The role of this position is to provide support to the CEO & COO by assisting with the preparation of the operating budgets, overseeing financial reporting, and performing essential duties relating to payroll, AP, and AR. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
- Support the firm’s CEO and COO across various initiatives as directed
- Manage all aspects of accounting, billing, financial statements, general ledger, credit card expense reporting, charitable donation tax credits, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, revenue recognition, and additional finance related duties
- Work closely with CEO for financial forecast modeling, high level financial reporting and analysis
- Manage all checking accounts, wire transfers, reconciliation, and other banking related duties
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, and payments
- Oversee job functions of two Accounting Associates as their duties relate to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Analyze collections and revenue to calculate Quarterly Bonus Compensation
- Calculate shareholder dividends
- Manage entire process for Annual Financial Audit; organize information and statements for internal and external auditors
- Work closely with CPA firm for annual filing of taxes for multiple entities, and provide data for quarterly/annual financial reports
- Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts
- Support Principal with reimbursements and reporting for proprietary Mutual Fund
- Manage accounting and financial reporting for Collective Investment Trust
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and CPA required; candidates with a Masters Degree will be considered first
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel; subject to high score on Advanced Excel Test
- Must possess advanced skills in Sage and/or Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software
- Must be extremely organized with close attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in finance and accounting
- Ability to work well with senior executives, management team, attorneys, and other CPAs
If you are interested in applying for the Controller position please submit your resume in PDF format to Human Resources Manager, Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.