Job Posting | Client Relationship Associate
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is an established and growing investment advisory firm located in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. We are dedicated to providing our clients with world-class investment strategies and service. Our team currently consists of 45 professionals, each of whom is expected to serve with enthusiasm, alacrity, and the utmost professionalism. In return, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and friendly work atmosphere with opportunities for advancement. Only those candidates with integrity, dedication and a desire for long-term employment should apply for this position.
We are seeking to fill the position of Client Relationship Associate. The role of this position is to provide administrative support to the Investment Portfolio Manager on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. This is a support position and the successful candidate will be a team player willing to take direction and be resourceful. Candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and a friendly, professional and positive demeanor.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare client account paperwork and correspondence
- Process incoming correspondence, make copies and file
- Document various activities and account changes as required by compliance/industry regs
- Correspond and process paperwork with various custodians and bank trust officers
- Add and maintain client profiles and investment accounts in company databases
- Process wires, security transfers and cash distributions from client accounts
- Schedule meetings and help prepare meeting materials for the Portfolio Manager
- Gain a thorough understanding of client accounts, including investment goals, restrictions, and overall objectives
- Prepare reports and tax information for client accounts
- Complete various projects (database updates and maintenance, client inquiries and correspondence, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 Years relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- We use Orion Advisor Tech Software and Salesforce CRM
- Prefer candidates who have work experience in customer relationship management
- Helpful to have some knowledge of securities (stocks, mutual funds, bonds) with experience in the financial and investment industry
If you are interested in applying for the Client Relationship Associate position, please email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected].
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.