Job Posting | Analyst - Client Management
Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC is one of the larger and more successful nationally ranked RIAs in the Mid-Atlantic, with an extensive client base in the Carolinas, including two satellite offices. The firm has a very successful SMA and proprietary mutual fund business, a significant institutional client base, and a boutique middle-market private equity business. They are well-capitalized and pursuing organic and inorganic growth strategies.
Work with existing and future clients of the firm to better their life goals and financial security. Pursuing a “clients come first” agenda, the firm focuses on customized solutions, a disciplined approach, objective advice, transparent processes, and personal commitment.
The Analyst - Client Management will report to the Regional Partner of the office and be responsible for teaming with other associates of the firm to serve existing clients and assist in new client relationship building.
Candidates should submit resumes in PDF format by following the application link, here: Box.com
- Manage existing client relationships and maximize their potential through personal referrals due to superior relationship building.
- Support the other associates in the office with a wide variety of client service and new relationship-building activities.
- Proactively update the regional marketing plan, and existing and potential client Salesforce CRM, adding discipline and process management to these efforts.
- Continually advance a personal development plan, including continuing education, sales and relationship training, and professional certifications, all with the firm's encouragement and support.
- Work with the investment, trading, service, operations, and marketing teams at the firm to support them in a variety of new business endeavors, as well as provide valuable market feedback on existing programs and client needs.
“Must Have” Qualifications
- Minimum of 1-2 years of client-facing experience with a well-regarded investment firm, and a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in financial services.
- Success working with retail clients in a service capacity in building long-term relationships.
- Experience working in a smaller corporate environment that is highly entrepreneurial.
- Successful track record working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex investment business.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or a business-related field, with professional certification such as the CFP or CIMA, preferred.
- Familiarity with a number of technology/software applications including Microsoft Suite, Bloomberg, FactSet, and Salesforce, among others.
Personal and Professional Competencies
- Energy/Endurance – Having a high capacity for work and the ability to maintain concentration and full mental and physical ability over long stretches of time.
- THRIVES ON CHALLENGE – Being attracted to first-time situations and stretch goals that put his/her abilities and those of the organization to the test.
- INTEGRITY – Doing the right thing by others, having the courage of own convictions, and adhering to strongly held principles and values.
- Strong, Healthy Ego with a Team Orientation – Having high self-esteem and self-confidence, balanced with an intimate knowledge of one’s strengths, limitations and a certain amount of humility and humor.
- EMPATHY – Understanding and acknowledging the feelings and experiences of others and acting out of a consideration for those feelings and experiences.
- SENSE OF HUMOR – Being able to be self-deprecatory and to see the lighter side of difficult situations.
- Communication – Being highly articulate and able to convey important messages to multiple constituencies in a clear and compelling manner.
- Tenacity/Persistence – Holding unwaveringly to a view of what must be done, pursuing goals despite significant obstacles or resistance from others.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume in PDF format by following the application link, here: Box.com
Besides attributed information, this material is proprietary and may not be reproduced, transferred or distributed in any form without prior written permission from WST. WST reserves the right at any time and without notice to change, amend, or cease publication of the information. This material has been prepared solely for informative purposes. The information contained herein may include information that has been obtained from third party sources and has not been independently verified. It is made available on an “as is” basis without warranty. This document is intended for clients for informational purposes only and should not be otherwise disseminated to other third parties. Past performance or results should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance or results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied is made regarding future performance or results. This document does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any security, future or other financial instrument or product.