Money is personal – so too is our commitment to you.
Since its establishment in 1990, Wilbanks Smith & Thomas has sought to nurture a culture of progress and innovation anchored by diligent research and tried-and-true best practice.
We are proud to have evolved into a diversified asset management firm bringing to bear for our clients what we consider to be world-class research capabilities, expansive intellectual capital, and a top-notch team of deeply experienced experts.
A Firm Built On A Client-First Foundation
The types of clients who find a home with WST understand there are few short-cuts worth taking – least of all when it comes to the financial future of a family or organization. Over nearly three decades, WST has watched the money management industry grow, evolve and become focused on “one size fits all” efficiencies that benefit the money manager rather more the client. As a result, we are more confident than ever in our approach. We know we are a more effective partner when we prioritize consultation, listening, and transparency, and what differentiates us is a focus on efficiency in execution, but an aversion to shortcuts in the planning and evaluation phase.
Most importantly, as markets change and market participants evolve, we are steady in our personal commitment; every member of your team at WST is a stakeholder in your daily experience as a client of our firm. We know investors face a lot of flashy options today, but we strive to be worth your investment of time and trust.
Pillars Of Our Business
- Customized solutions: Each relationship begins with our listening to you. Your story is the cornerstone of our process and a strategy that is a tailored, thoughtful reflection of your goals, values, risk tolerance and time horizon. It is our responsibility to promote confident commitment to your long-term plan.
- Disciplined approach: Market volatility can test the nerve of any investor, undermining conviction and leading to disappointing outcomes. While we can’t eliminate risk, we can mitigate the emotional back and forth through a disciplined approach that focuses on both reward and risk.
- Objective advice: We are grateful to have served many clients for decades and through challenging market environments. We don’t make the right call every time, but every decision upholds our fiduciary duty and reflects a level of objectivity that honors the trust you place in us.
- Transparent process: We believe a clearly defined plan, access to key decision-makers, and goals-based reporting are factors that support partnerships, nurture relationships and differentiate the experience of WST clients. Transparency is one way we honor our commitment to you.
- Personal commitment: Whatever his or her role, every WST employee takes pride in creating and implementing tailored solutions, advancing our mission, exceeding your service expectations and sustaining a client-first culture. Money is personal – so too is our commitment to you.