Lawrence A. Bernert III, CFA
Mr. Bernert is a Principal and Portfolio Manager at Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas Asset Management, LLC in Norfolk, Virginia. He joined the firm in 1995. He sits on WST's Investment Committee and previously served as the Director of Research.
Mr. Bernert graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in English Literature and additional study at Cambridge University in England. He received an MBA from the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Current community activities include:
- Employees Retirement System of the City of Norfolk - Board of Trustees
- Norfolk Academy - Board of Trustees
- Hampton Roads Community Foundation - Advisory Committee
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation - Hampton Roads Leadership Council
- Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters - Development Advisory Board
- Economic Club of Hampton Roads - Board of Directors